Homeschool Soccer

Hello Homeschooling Soccer Fans! My husband, Steve, and I are going to be doing a fun, non-competitive soccer program for homeschoolers, ages 4-18, starting Saturday, September 10th and going until Saturday, October 29th (eight Saturdays). It will take place from 2-3pm for 4-10 year olds, and 2-4pm for 11-18 year olds. 

Please fill out this form if your kids plan to participate: https://goo.gl/forms/KpBocQexHfkF8LD63

I am working on making this happen at the fields in Cadyville by the former school, but this is not verified yet. I am also working on getting insurance, which we need to be able to use any field, and it is usually around $25 per child, but once I have a pretty good idea of our numbers, I'll be able to give a firm cost.

All kids must wear shin guards and bring a water bottle (labeled with their name), and cleats are optional.

The program is informal, and of course we want kids to attend as often as they can, but don't feel bad if you have to miss practice.

We will spend the first part of each practice playing games and doing drills, and the second half of practice scrimmaging. There is a chance that for the older kids only, Steve might be able to arrange a relaxed game against the North Country School in Lake Placid.

We'd love to have parent helpers, and you don't even have to know anything about soccer! You can list your ability to help on the sign-up form. Also on the sign-up form, you can list any equipment that you might be willing to share, like foldable soccer goals or soccer balls. The more equipment we have the better!

I will be leading the younger kids group, and I'm not a soccer star by any stretch of the imagination, though I do know lots of fun games, but don't feel daunted if you aren't a star either, and please help out if you are a star! Steve will lead the older group. He's really into healthy, safe fitness that can be achieved with whatever resources are on hand, and he has coached many teams from the elementary to the college and adult level. He is a very, very nice person and the whole reason I married him was because he was my nordic ski coach in college and I just loved the way he always worked to lift up the slowest members of the team (usually me) and not just the hot-shots, though he was a hot-shot himself. We have two boys, ages 7 and 11, who really like to do the PLAY part of playing soccer and really enjoy the camaraderie of teamwork.

-Sunita & Steve Halasz
518-891-6440 (home, for most of the time)
518-524-4883 (cell, for Saturdays when we are on the soccer field)