Voluneteers Needed

I am the Emergency Preparedness Coordinator for Clinton County. I have been tasked with planning and executing a ‘drill’ on February 26th, 2015 to test our ability to provide antibiotics to a large number of community members in a very short period of time.  10% of those community members must be any combination of the following: over 65, have a functional need such as wheelchair bound, English as a second language, hearing or sight impaired, or under 18.  Someone suggested that I reach out to you to see if any of the homeschooling families in the area would be interested in participating with their children.  Perhaps it could be used as a community service project, or as part of a science or health class.

I do realize that I am very early in asking about something in February, but a drill of this magnitude takes months of planning.  Please let me know if this is something that you feel may be of interest to your families in Clinton County.

Feel free to email or call me at the contact information listed below.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Peggy LaBombard, PHN II
Clinton County Health Department
133 Margaret St
Plattsburgh, NY 12901