Outdoor Adventure Training Wed Oct 14

Come spend the day with Tricia Myatt (see bio below) at Point Au Roche,Wednesday, October 14th from 10am to approximately 2:30/3pm. Meet at the state park under the pavilion. The first half-hour will be spent watching a video about what to do if you get lost in the woods (Hug a Tree), the remainder of the time we will be walking through paths in the woods while Tricia will teach us how to make a shelter, a fire, and things you need to know to stay safe. Pack a lunch and come have some fun while learning valuable life skills!
Cost is $25 for first child, with each additional sibling being $15 each.
Please contact Lisa Bergmann to sign up or for questions: ljddragon@juno.com

Tricia Myatt – Bio
Born and raised in Plattsburgh, I have spent most of my adult life locally in practice as a Licensed Veterinary Technician. However, in the past five years I have turned my attention to my other passion – outdoor pursuits. I have volunteered extensively with the Champlain Valley Search and Rescue Canine Unit, gaining many certifications in High Angle/Low Angle Technical Ropes Rescue; Swift Water and Ice Water Rescue; DEC Wildlands Search Techniques; Navigational Trainings; Wilderness Survival Trainings; and Incident Command awareness and training. From this organization I entered school and graduated with my Bachelor of Science through SUNY Plattsburgh’s Expeditionary Studies Program in December 2014 and have re-entered the graduate program with a projected Master’s completion in December 2017. College gave me the opportunity to travel extensively and hone my skills and love of the outdoors to tangible levels. I have been sea kayaking in Wales and Outer Hebrides of Scotland, numerous areas around the coast of Maine, the San Juan Islands of Washington State and of course our very own Lake Champlain and other local bodies of water within the Adirondack Park. Hiking and rock climbing has brought me all over the Northeast and Western portions of the US and the UK. I hold certification through the American Mountain Guides Association (AMGA) as Climbing Wall Instructor (CWI) and Single Pitch Instructor (SPI). I am a Certified Wilderness First Responder; New York State Licensed Guide for camping, hiking, rock and ice climbing; a current Outdoor Living Skills adjunct instructor for SUNY’s Expeditionary Studies Program and Camp Director for the Freshman Odyssey Program. Recreationally, I am in pursuit of hiking all the Adirondack Winter 46 peaks and continue to rock climb and paddle locally in my spare time. Otherwise, I enjoy time with my family including two sons, 14 and 10 where the adventures always continue.