Homeschool Camp: Camp Cherokee (August 20-August 25)
Dates: August 20th - 25th, 2017. ( (dinner time) through Friday, August 25th (morning))
Location: Camp Cherokee (Lake Saranac: 433 Gilpin Bay)
Cost: For the week will be $471/family (not person) plus a meal for everyone including staff and being a helper at additional meal.
Note: If you are interested in bringing another adult with you for the week (Grandparent), it is an additional $127. Foster children are considered family children and included in the price.
Deposit: I am collecting a $100 deposit which is non-refundable to help the camp know the number of families that will be attending so they can determine the required staff. You may mail me your deposit: Tammy Neureuther 11 Carriagehouse Lane, West Chazy, NY 12992
Interested or Questions: Contact Tammy Neureuther (home 518-563-7036 or cel518-569-3327 or email email@example.com). We'd love to have you join the fun:)
This is my children’s favorite week of the year!
night’s pot luck dinner or we order pizza (everyone splits the cost); last year, we had enough families and Kari supplied meal. In addition, your family will be a helper at another meal. Depending on the number of families, I may ask everyone to contribute something towards a breakfast (box of cereal or gallon of milk) and help cleaning up for one extra meal. In the past, people have been incredibly helpful so clean-up is pretty easy with all the hands at work. As the number of teenagers increase, I will be asking them to help a little extra this year!
Activities (all included in the cost):
Ø Pool with lifeguard
Ø Horseback riding
Ø Archery or Knife throwing
Ø Ping Pong
Ø Small Sand Pit (little boys liked it there!)
Ø Vollyball/Sand area
Ø Playground area
Ø Motorboats with almost everything imaginable behind them (staff drives the boats)
Ø Boat Area - includes kayaks, canoes, paddle boats (this is open all day but we need an adult on land and everyone needs to sign the boats out)
Ø Chapel time
Other things you may want to know --
· The kitchen is vegetarian; hence no meat – milk, eggs & dairy are fine.
· You bring your own bedding, towels, etc (beds and bunks are provide). I’ll let you know what beds/bunks you will have in your room before you go.
· Every family supplies a meal - so food is mostly covered. You can put the food you bring in the main kitchen where there is a walk in fridge and area to store food. (You may also want to bring extra snacks for your family in a plastic container if you store where you sleep or you can store anything you want in the kitchen)
· Due to allergies, we have only allowed peanut butter in the kitchen and asked that an adult makes the sandwich, then they watch the child while they eat it. Afterwards, please wash everyone’s hands. If you have other allergy concerns, or this policy is not acceptable, please notify me and we will work together to insure everyone is safe!
· You may want to bring stuff for s’mores – they are a hit on nights we have a campfire!
· Bring your favorite board game - kids love to play games together on rainy days or in the evening.